About Willbond Bathroom & Plumbing Centres
For well over a century, we've exceeded the expectations of our loyal customers across the East Midlands. Proud to be independent – and not part of a faceless group – we understand what our customers are looking for.
We know you want the highest quality, the widest selection and the best possible value. More than that, you want helpful and friendly advice. Since we first opened our doors in 1896, top-notch customer service and bathrooms expertise are the key to our continued success.
Professional. Approachable. Knowledgeable. Friendly. It's what sets us apart and makes all the difference to your new dream bathroom.
Willbond. Where else!
- 1896 Founded as a Builders Merchants in Nottingham by George Baines Willbond
- 1949 Willbond becomes a limited company
- 1950 Willbond diversifies into Plumbing Supplies
- 1961 Specialist Plumbers Merchants branch opens on Faraday Road, Nottingham
- 1976 Specialist Kitchen and Bathroom Centre opens on Ilkeston Road, Nottingham
- 1987 G B Willbond Ltd. purchased by MD, Tony Hogg in an MBO with equity funding from 3i plc
- 1995 Plumbing Centre relocated to Deakins Place, Radford, Nottingham
- 1996 We celebrate our Centenary year and win a Civic Award for our Kitchen & Bathroom Centre
- 2002 Sherwood Plumbing Centre opens and we acquire Plumbers' Merchants John Berry (Nottm)
- 2003 West Bridgford Plumbing Centre opens on Ludlow Hill Road
- 2004 Derby Plumbing Centre & Bathroom Centre open at City Gate, London Road
- 2006 Ilkeston Plumbing Centre and Chesterfield Plumbing Centre opens
- 2007 Grantham Plumbing Centre & Bathroom Centre open. Nottingham Bathroom Centre refurbished
- 2008 Aquisition of Spital Tiles, Chesterfield
- 2009 Spital tiles refurbishment for Bathroom Centre & Tile Studio. Walton Road Plumbing Centre relocated to Spital Lane. Launch of BOND own label range
- 2010 BOND Best Value range extended
- 2011 Refurbishment of all 7 Plumbing Centres
- 2012 Willbond's headquarters completely refurbished
- 2013 Launch of our Outlet Bathrooms value brand and showroom
- 2014 Willbond MasterClass staff training launched
- 2016 Company acquired by Marlowe Holdings Investments Ltd
- 2018 Launch of our own-label Esteem Bathrooms collection